Tuesday 10 August 2010

First Photo Post!!!!!!

Omg....so here it is.......my first photo post!!!!

It was my birthday not long ago, so I decided to do some pretty birthday nails. And nothing is prettier and more birthday-like than Cupcakes!!!! I do love a nice cupcake....one that is pretty, and chocolatey, and so moreish that you could eat another three. Enjoy :)




Here's a close up of the actual cupcake. I used 17 Lasting Fix Polish, appropriately named "Fairy Cake" for the nail. It's a lovely candy pastel pink that is just gorgeous! I thought it would be nice to use a different colour for the background than the rest of the nails. I used this pink for both thumb nails and both ring fingers. The application was slightly streaky, it took about 3coats to look even, it possibly could have done with one more, but I don't like 4 coats of varnish! Love the end colour though, and looks exactly like the bottle colour.

The cupcake was made from small lines of Rimmel Lycra Pro in Posh Trash (no.378) to create the cake base. This colour is a light brown with a slight gold toned sheen to it. I can't really comment on the application, as I used a cocktail stick to apply the varnish! The cupcake top was made from Rimmel Nail Tip Whitener, with a handy slanted brush, which helped application (and is very handy when doing french tips!). The cherry on top was using 17 Fast Finish in Knockout Red. I love this red, its sexy and vibrant, totally worthy of the name.




The rest of the nails are painted with Eyeko Vintage Polish, for Elegant Nails, a lovely jade green varnish which really does make nails look elegant! This polish went on well, with 3 coats getting it to bottle colour.
Eyeko is an awesome London based brand, with the Japanese cuteness that I can't resist! I can't wait to try some of the other polishes I purchased when I got this one!!!

Hope you like my first post!! Forgive me for poor photos, I'm still learning how to take good pics!!!

Have a wonderful day wherever you are :)

Big hugs x

3 comments: